ALL PLAYERS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS MUST AGREE AND ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS BELOW IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENTS, TRAINING, CLINICS, AND TOURNAMENTS RUN BY THE SAND CLUB ACADEMY INC/THE SAND CLUB.
THE SAND CLUB WAIVER
The Sand Club Academy Inc
WAIVER AND RELEASE, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, COVID-19 ACCEPTANCE OF RISK, AND GRANT OF RIGHTS
1. In full and complete consideration of my ability to participate in any present or future volleyball events, competitions, and activities that are operated, organized, sanctioned by, or associated with The Sand Club Academy, Inc. (“ORGANIZER”) and any affiliated training, learning, practicing, competing, spectating, and other associated activities (collectively the “EVENTS”) and/or in consideration of my being able to enter into or upon the premises and facilities and locations where said EVENTS are or will be taking place, I, for myself, and on behalf of my personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin (collectively “RELEASING PARTY”) hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
WAIVER AND RELEASE AND MEDICAL CONSENT
2. RELEASING PARTY hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE ORGANIZER, any sponsors, advertisers, and organizers of the EVENTS, any other participants in the EVENTS, premises and facilities owners or lessors including the Gilbert School District, the City of Mesa, the Town of Gilbert, K4 Sports, LLC (DBA Victory Lane Sports Park), AVP, and p1440 and each of their affiliated owners, parents, subsidiaries, licensees, shareholders, officers, directors, managing agents, employees, independent contractors, members, agents, attorneys, investors, affiliated organizations and entities, or any other persons assisting or participating in their activities, including the EVENTS (collectively the “RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE, IN LAW, EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, FOR ANY AND ALL PRESENT OR FUTURE LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIMS, LIENS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, debts, liabilities, expenses including court costs and attorneys fees, SUITS OR JUDGMENTS THEREFROM (collectively the “LIABILITY”) ON ACCOUNT OF ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PERMANENT DISABILITY, INJURY TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, OR RESULTING IN DEATH ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE EVENTS or RELEASING PARTY’s presence in or upon the premises and facilities and locations where the EVENTS are or will be taking place. This waiver and release include, without limitation, premises liability and LIABILITY from any cause whatsoever, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES. Such LIABILITY encompasses, but is not limited to, participation as an active participant or as a spectator, NEGLIGENT RESCUE EFFORTS, and NEGLIGENT enforcement of (or the failure to enact or enforce) rules and regulations. It also encompasses LIABILITY concerning the NEGLIGENT selection, use, or maintenance of any equipment or facility related to the EVENTS.
3. COVID-19 ACCEPTANCE OF RISK; RELEASE; INDEMNIFICATION. I am fully aware that there are a number of risks associated with me and/or my child or ward entering on the Mesquite Beach (including parking lot and bathroom), Victory Lanes, City Parks properties, becoming a guest and/or participant during the COVID-19 pandemic under the circumstances, including without limitation: (a) I and/or my child or ward or our visitors could contract COVID-19 or other diseases such as the flu or legionnaires disease which could result in a serious medical condition requiring medical treatment in a hospital or could possibly lead to death; and (b) I and/or my child or ward or our visitors will be subject to normal risks associated with visiting Mesquite Beach, Victory Lanes, City Parks such as physical injuries or even death or loss or damage to personal property, including without limitation, from slips or falls, physical or verbal altercations with other guests at Mesquite Beach, Victory Lanes, terrorist or other violence, theft or vandalism, auto accidents around Mesquite Beach, Victory Lanes, City Parks, or fires or other disasters affecting Mesquite Beach, Victory Lanes, City Parks. On behalf of myself and/or my child or ward and our heirs, successors and assigns, I knowingly and freely, assume all such risks, both known and unknown, relating to my and/or my child’s or ward’s attending Mesquite Beach, Victory Lanes, and City Parks as described above, and I hereby forever release, waive, relinquish, and discharge ORGANIZER and the Gilbert School District, the City of Mesa, the Town of Gilbert, K4 Sports, LLC (DBA Victory Lane Sports Park), AVP, and p1440, along with their officers, directors, managers, officials, trustees, agents, employees, or other representatives, and their successors and assigns from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, rights, damages, expenses, and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, and other losses of any kind, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, (collectively, “Damages”) as a result of me and/or my child or ward being a guest at EVENTS, including but not limited to those related to the above described personal Injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, and including but not limited to claims based on the alleged negligence of any ORGANIZER representative or any other person. I further promise not to sue the ORGANIZER and/or representatives, and agree to indemnify and hold them harmless from any and all damages resulting from my and/or my child or ward’s being a guest at all EVENTS.
4. RELEASING PARTY also specifically AUTHORIZES AND CONSENTS TO RELEASEES providing and/or arranging for MEDICAL CARE OR TREATMENT OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES OR RESCUE EFFORTS in the event of an emergency or in the event of an injury or medical condition that develops or occurs during participation in the EVENTS or during the RELEASING PARTY’s presence in or upon the premises and facilities and locations where the EVENTS are or will be taking place. RELEASING PARTY expressly waives and releases and agrees to hold RELEASEES harmless from and against any and all LIABILITY arising therefrom.
EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK
5. RELEASING PARTY hereby acknowledges and understands that RELEASING PARTY’s participation in the EVENTS, including without limitation playing volleyball and engaging in physical exercise and activity, may be VERY DANGEROUS and could result in personal injury, death, and/or property damage. It is recommended to consult with a physician before playing beach volleyball or participating in any vendor/contractor services performed at EVENTS. This agreement also constitutes an express and contractual ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS AND DANGERS associated with and inherent in the EVENTS, which include, but are not limited to, the risk of being struck by objects or equipment and/or making contact with or colliding with other participants, spectators, and natural or manmade objects, auto accidents in the parking lot, serious injuries (scrapped knees/toes/elbows); dislocation; sprains and strains; dehydration; heat stroke; sunburn; bee stings; ant bites; spider bites; scorpion stings; auto or personal theft; vandalism or damage to your personal property; physical and/or emotional injury caused by reckless or non-intentional actions by another player or spectator; and personal health conditions caused by: dust, sand, irrigation, drinking fountain, shower, bathroom or pest control. The EVENTS will include participants of all skill levels, including both experienced and amateur persons, and RELEASING PARTY expressly assumes the risks associated with mixed and varying skill levels. RELEASING PARTY further acknowledges and understands that there may be undefined and presently unknown risks and dangers associated with the EVENTS and that there may be risks and dangers that may result from the NEGLIGENCE of the RELEASEES, including, without limitation, in providing instruction or guidance, and in the operation or design or maintenance of the premises and facilities and locations where the EVENTS are or will be taking place. Risks and danger may also result, without limitation, in the selection, use, or maintenance of any equipment or facility, or service related to the EVENTS. RELEASING PARTY hereby expressly assumes all such risks and dangers whether presently known or unknown.
INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS
6. RELEASING PARTY hereby agrees to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any LIABILITY, including from court costs and attorneys fees, arising out of or related to this agreement or RELEASING PARTY’s participation in any way in the EVENTS and/or RELEASING PARTY’s presence in or upon the premises and facilities where the EVENTS are or will be taking place. RELEASING PARTY also hereby agrees to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any LIABILITY, including from court costs and attorneys fees, caused by or arising out of any statement, action, or failure to act by me during or in connection with RELEASING PARTY’s participation in the EVENTS, and/or arising out or RELEASING PARTY’s tortious or criminal conduct.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
7. RELEASING PARTY grants to ORGANIZER, and its successors, licensees and assigns, the irrevocable right (but not the obligation) to live stream, film, tape, and/or photograph, record, exhibit, edit, and otherwise use my or my child(s) name, likeness, voice, conversation, sounds and biographical data on or in connection with the EVENTS in any manner in its sole election and sole discretion. ORGANIZER may use such materials to promote future events. ORGANIZER, and its successors, licensees, and assigns, shall be the owner of all rights to said materials and may use or license the results and proceeds of such materials in all media throughout the world in perpetuity as part of any programming and in the advertising and promotion thereof without limitation or liability. ORGANIZER may display the name of RELEASING PARTY on the organizer’s website.
8. RELEASING PARTY agrees and understands that this agreement shall be deemed entered into in Maricopa County, Arizona and that it shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of Arizona.
9. RELEASING PARTY represents and warrants that he/she is at least eighteen (18) years of age and has the full, complete, and unrestricted right, power, and authority to enter into this agreement, to waive and release all matters stated therein, expressly assume all risks and dangers associated with the EVENTS, agree to indemnify the RELEASEES as stated herein, and the grants the rights set forth herein.
10. PARENT / GUARDIAN WAIVER FOR MINORS (Under 18 years old) The undersigned parent and/or natural guardian does hereby represent that he/she is, in fact, acting in such capacity and agrees to save and hold harmless and indemnify each and all of the parties referred to above from all liability, loss, cost, claim or damage whatsoever which may be imposed upon said parties because of any defect in or lack of such capacity to so act and release said parties on behalf of the minor and the parents or legal guardian.
11. RELEASING PARTY HAS READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENT. RELEASING PARTY FURTHER UNDERSTANDS THAT BY SIGNING THE AGREEMENT HE/SHE IS GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHTS OF HIS/HER FAMILY. RELEASING PARTY SIGNS THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO HIM/HER, AND RELEASING PARTY INTENDS HIS/HER SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. RELEASING PARTY further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made to him. RELEASING PARTY was given ample opportunity to read the agreement and/or have it reviewed by legal counsel of his/her choice. RELEASING PARTY was also offered a copy of this agreement.
PLAYERS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS MUST AGREE AND ACCEPT ALL OF THE ABOVE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENTS, TRAINING, CLINICS, AND TOURNAMENTS RUN BY THE SAND CLUB ACADEMY.
REFUNDS & OTHER POLICIES
I am responsible for the team fee and understand that there are no refunds after the schedule is made due to an injury, schedule conflict, etc. Players agree to pay the team fee when registering for the season. There are no refunds for not playing in the tournament or finals for having a substitution.
Forfeited matches are not refundable and are not rescheduled by The Sand Club. There is a $1 billion fee for no-shows (missing a match without providing us with at least 6 hours notice). All kidding aside, some players have a long commute, so please be considerate. We have a sub list on Facebook to help find players and understand that we encourage subs over forfeits. Captains are asked to find subs even if it’s for the entire team (coed 4’s or 2’s) out of respect for the other team. If a team is a no-show-no-call and does not give the league director at least 7 hours notice, then the team forfeiting may lose an additional match during the season in order to accommodate the opponent who potentially drove out for nothing.
I understand and agree that matches are 65 minutes or less and there are no refunds for matches that do not finish in 65 minutes nor matches that finish in less than 65 minutes. Matches will be done no later than 5 minutes after the hour. The 3rd set is not guaranteed to be played to 21 points. Matches are timed in order to respect the 10P city/park curfews and everyone’s time.
SUBSTITUTION/TOURNAMENT ROSTER RULE
Teams are responsible for emailing email@example.com their roster at the beginning of the season (first and last name, email, phone) and then any week they have a sub. The teams eligible to play the tournament/final week are the teams with players on the roster that have played at least 6 games or 2 matches for that particular team of the current season. The league director may consider a sub that has only played 1 match BUT the team must email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval 1-2 weeks before the tournament. For 4-on-4 leagues, teams are also eligible if they play with just 3 players (as long as 1 girl is on the court and the 3 players are on the roster). Teams are still welcome to play in the tournament with subs that are not on the roster but they will not be able to eliminate any of the top 4 teams that do not have a sub. The tournament’s 1st and 2nd place prizes will only be awarded to the top 2 teams with an eligible roster. Teams are encouraged to email the tournament director as soon as they know they will not be able to play with their registered roster or eligible sub. The bottom line is don’t “blindside” the league host by showing up with a sub because you might be going home after 2 games. After 10 years of running leagues, the players have spoken MANY TIMES that they are tired of seeing subs knock out teams and go home with prizes.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
I approve The Sand Club to publish any photos and videos (and tag) in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other online social media, livestreaming, or print forums and indemnify the Staff of all legal issues resulting from personal online or print publications.